2012年2月19日日曜日

The Sound Installation at the Exhibition


My name is Kazuya Setagawa. The Exhibition’s highlights are, Mr. Miyashita’s live performances, Origami (Paper folding) and Furoshiki (Wrapping things with Japanese style cloths ) workshop by Mr .Miyashita’s students and Kirie (Paper Cutout) workshop by Ms. Kanon which will be held at the Yoga studio and I have been given the chance to take care of the acoustics there, using the expression of Sound Installation. I usually work as a DJ and after meeting Professor Kung of “Michi Retreat” and Mr. Miyashita, was given the honor to work with them, I am so grateful for them for giving me this wonderful opportunity. The technique I will be using will be different from my ordinary techniques and I am eager to help create the whole atmosphere with everybody there, using my music. The art works are now displayed in this yoga studio surrounded by the wonderful atmosphere, with the valleys of Michi Retreat in the back. The floor here is carefully taken care of by Eucalyptus essential oils, and with the power of the essences it seems to have the effect of cleansing us from the bottom of our feet. As a matter of fact, this studio was flooded 2 weeks before the event due to the continuing heavy rain. The floor was damaged and had to be replaced by new floor boards at the last minute. In spite of our worries the floor is now brand new and ready as ever. In this special place I will be making my 3 days, a total of 10 hours Sound Installation performance. Actually, it is my first challenge playing music with this kind of concept, and my current feelings are a mixture of anticipation and of tenseness. I hope I can contribute by creating an atmosphere where the guests feel comfortable while appreciating the wonderful Japanese culture. My resonant sounds will be melting into the exhibition space along with the sound of the waterfalls in the valley, the whisper of the winds, the singing of the birds, and I hope you enjoy it. On the last day I will be doing a 6 hours set performance using my usual Dance Floor DJ methods. Here at the yoga studio you will be asked to remove your shoes when entering. Since it is said that “bare feet” is most suitable for dancing for a long time, I will help to provide a dance floor where you can enjoy the firm feeling of the floor under your feet. In the morning of the 2nd day and the 3rd day I will be playing sounds fit to enjoy some meditation while surrounded by work of arts that represent the Japanese culture. We look forward to having you here.

Translation : JUN

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿