2012年2月16日木曜日

Kirie Kanon –The charm of Paper Cutout Art and its brilliant touch of colours- (EN)


My name is Kanon and I’m a Paper Cutout Artist. 
My works are usually based in Fukuoka, mainly holding exhibitions at department stores, creating Paper Cutout Arts to be displayed at reception areas of corporate enterprises and I also provide designs for New Year’s greeting cards. 
Right now I am extremely thrilled to have the opportunity to go to Bali and display my works there. 
It was 3 years ago in 2009 that I myself first became familiar with Paper Cutout Arts. Combining layers of colored drawing paper with Japanese paper and Western paper creates the amazing sense of depth, and I was completely drawn under the spell of the fascinating way Paper Cutout Arts are being made. 
Currently, the requests I receive are mostly for complete custom made pieces. Once I receive the request I normally discuss it over with my customer several times so I get the right picture and it becomes an exclusive “only one in the world” art piece. 
Paper Cutout Arts are generally expressed by single color, but the concept of my work is to combine many colors and to make a colorful expression.
I wish that the charm of expressing by paper and the brilliant touch of colors of my works will gorgeously light up the space you are witnessing.  
However, I guess not many people have ever heard of “Paper Cutout Artists” , so I hope that the people wondering “what is Paper Cutout Art ?“ see and feel my work and start to take interest in it.  
By the courtesy of Mr. Kung, Mr. Miyashita and all the brilliant staffs, I received this wonderful opportunity to exhibit my Paper Cutout works in Bali.   
I am planning to include some Paper Cutout work expressing Bali’s beautiful scenery and culture, and I’m now extremely curious about how the participants experience it. 
As one expression of pictorial art, I wish that more people become to recognize the Paper Cutout Art culture and I also hope many people visit the exhibition to experience my art work. 
Kirie Kanon


"Maiko"

Transtaltion: JUN

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿