2012年2月16日木曜日

Greetings from Kansho Miyashita (EN)


I was born in 1943. While I am a Temple Master in Taima Temple Soinin in Nara Prefecture, I also hold exhibitions of my Calligraphy and Suiboku-ga (ink painting) works home in Japan and overseas.
Previously I used to hold Kado (Flower Arrangement) and Sado (Tea ceremony ) classes, but now I devote a lot of my time in my Calligraphy and Suiboku-ga.
At the “Michi Retreat” event in Bali I would like to demonstrate some Ikebana art which I haven’t done in a while. Flowers in Bali seem very different from the flowers in Japan so a traditional Japanese arrangement will be challenge, so I will try to arrange something that has a different touch. I am still a little anxious about what kind of flowers I am going to be welcomed by, but at the same time I am looking forward to it very much.
In regards to Calligraphy, it is a profound and also an abstract art so it’s hard to say in one word but I will try to express it by using my brush. Please feel free to feel its dynamic energy, gentleness and softness through the written figure. So in this case ignore the meaning of the words, just enjoy it!
As for Suiboku –ga, I would like to demonstrate by painting a landscape using only the contrasting density of the black ink.
This whole event started off when we decided to ask Professor Kung to display Japanese Calligraphic works and paintings at his retreat. Since it would be a great pity if no one is going to see it, we asked the local staffs for help, and now an exhibition is about to come to fruition.
When Professor Kung mentioned ” The Japanese Furoshiki (Japanese style cloth for wrapping things) culture is indeed interesting” it triggered the idea to add more variety to the contents. Now we have Calligraphy, Ikebana, Furoshiki and Origami (Paper folding) performances, so people can experience more of the Japanese culture. Normally in Calligraphy, the paper is placed on the floor when writing, but this time we decided to set the paper upright so more people can see the actual movement. This is going to be a new challenge for me. I hope you will enjoy it!   
Kansho Miyashita (Master of Taimadera Soinin)

PictureCalligraphy Demonstration in Monaco

Transtaltion: JUN

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿